Monday 8 August 2016

Luton Library PC provision

 have been to the new library and I keep failing to find adequate space to study, too many computers in the work stations and no room left for me to put my books on the desk. Feels very cramped. Hope it's just because it's still a work in progress and in the end some computers will be moved to their rightful places or there will be more room for my books on the table

I am so glad that you have started to use the new library on Luton Campus. it will take a while to get completely au fait with the layout and study environment available. Have you had a tour? Its really worthwhile - staff can point out the different areas to help you find the places that suit your style of learning.

The library offers several kinds of PC provision.
Singly
In pairs
Standard ie with space for books and portable devices
Concentrated ie PCs very close together (usually on circular tables)

I would suggest that the single study spaces or standard study spaces would suit you best. Why not look at level 3 and above (ie 4,5 & 6) to see the different offers on those floors.

I hope that helps