Tuesday 21 July 2015

Sconul Access

I am a University of Bedfordshire PhD student living in Bristol, UK. I conduct much of my writing-up at the University of Bristol. To continue I must have a current SCONUL with Band A.

My SCONUL Band A card expired on 02.07.2015.


Is it possible to renew this for a futher one, two or three years by distance (otherwise I will have to make a six hour round road trip by car - and as a partner in the European Green Capital 2015 - Bristol UK - that will be a disaster)?

May I reassure you that Sconul Access was primarily created for students like yourself so a lot of the admin may easily be done remotely.

If you follow the advice on our web pages
http://lrweb.beds.ac.uk/libraryservices/visiting/sconulaccess

and check the advice on the Sconul website

then apply online

When you get your approval email you can print it out or show an electronic version to staff at Bristol and go through their membership requirements.

If you have any questions please get back to me