Thursday 10 May 2012

20 Renewals


I have always renewed my books on time however on this occasion it has told me that I am unable to renew a
book as it has been renewed 20 times already.  I don't mind being told this but not on the day it is due to be renewed. This means that I am expected to return it on that day or be issued with charges. I did not received prior warning and due to work and family committments I am unable to return the book until Saturday 12th at the earliest.
I did try to return it on Bank holiday day Monday, however, the library was shut.
This has happened to me once before, when I queried it, I was told that I should receive an email first. The lady checked she had my email address and said that I would be informed before hand in future.
Due to the circumstances, I feel it is only fair that I do not incur any charges and really hope that if this happens again, that I will receive notification before the book is due giving me time to be able to return it.


Books may be renewed up to 3 days after the due date. Having reached the maximum number of renewals you would've got an overdue notice via University e-mail. It is good academic practice to manage your loans and plan your visits to University. You have done a good job in managing your loans you just need to be aware (particularly with 7 day loans) that 20 renewals is a long time but once you reach 20 you may not renew the items again.
 
Notice that the University would be closing on Bank Holiday Monday was available for at least 6 weeks prior to the event. It would be worth noting that all University buildings will be closed for the Spring Bank Holiday and the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Bank Holidays too (closed Mon 4th and Tue 5th June). Keep an eye on changes to opening times on the website here:
 
In this instance I have renewed the item for you. I would ask you to return the item a soon as you can. I would also encourage you to continue your good practice in managing your loans.