Monday 10 May 2010

I finished my course can I still use the LRC?

I finished my course... and would very much like to use the guest pc to watch news programmes on the internet... could the pc be upgraded with a sound card.

Congratulations on finishing your course. You have access to the LRC and your University network files for 3 months after the completion of your course. I would advise that before those 3 months disappear that you copy all your work from the student network onto a USB or CD so you can continue to have access to those files should you need it.

The guest pc is offered to external users to the University's LRC for study purposes. I do acknowledge that as a Journalism student you may have needed to watch television news and other programmes. Now that your course is complete using the LRC as a television lounge is not appropriate as we only have one guest pc and it is high demand. We may be able to get a sound card for the guest pc in due course but it is not a priority at this time.

After the 3 months has gone by post graduating, you may join the LRC as an External User as an Alumnus, have a look at our web pages to see if your are interested: