Friday 16 October 2020

Library Opening Hours

You said:  The library closing at 5pm is affecting my studying to a great extent. I do not finish work until 6.30pm I understand due to COVID but its greatly affecting students learning. I fear my grades are going to drop and its my final year. I can't consintrate at home


We replied: Thank you for your raising your concerns 

Bedford and Luton campus libraries are currently open

Monday – Friday 8.30 – 17.00

 We will be piloting a Saturday opening at both campuses 24 October 2020 to assess demand for weekend opening

Bedford 9.45 – 15.45

Luton 10.15 – 17.45

 Opening hours are reviewed weekly at the University’s Business Continuity Planning group (BCP) where demand and use is balanced against the current pandemic advice and locally set tier alert levels

Any enquiries about opening hours may be sent to sarah.arkle@beds.ac.uk

University community advised to check our website for the latest opening hours https://lrweb.beds.ac.uk/opening/