Tuesday 5 November 2019

Luton Library - Cleaning


Cleaning- I have noticed on the weekend the library toilets do not get cleaned and are really in an atrocious manner. Please can we have cleaners more regularly, I checked their cleaning log for one of the floors and they only check it once a day on the weekend. Even I noticed today they were not cleaned from the weekend. For the beginning of the week, this is really not acceptable. It is a 24 hour library after all.

Furthermore, whilst all the bins get emptied, their surround is not being cleaned and is sticky (I have seen a few like this for the past couple weeks).

Also I do not know why it is that when I arrive in the morning, I always have to wipe my work space down because they have been missed. This has been happening frequently. Are the cleaners wiping the tables down?

Whilst I appreciate it is a big library, it would be appreciated if cleanliness could be more of a priority, considering many of us spend long hours in the library and do not want to sit in an uncleaned one.


Thank you for your comments. Maintaining the library environment is a partnership between all the stakeholders staff, students, external customers as well as Facilities. I will share your comments with the Facilities team but via the blog this message needs to be heard by the whole Library community too. We all play a role in keeping the library clean and tidy.