Friday 16 September 2016

Luton Library - lift voice

During night study I usually experience noise from the elevator whenever it is in use. Would really appreciate if something could be done about it.

Thank you for raising your concerns. I appreciate that as the building empties ambient noises become more dominant and intrusive. Luton Campus Library has voice announcer to alert users to opening and closing doors, whether the lift is going up or down and what floor the lift has arrived at. The reason for this primarily is to assist customers who are partially sighted or out of eye line for written information.

I believe the sound level is pre-set and I will check to see if it can be turned down slightly but I imagine they are set at levels to assist everyone in the lift so we may not be able to adjust this.

May I suggest that you use ear buds or headphones to reduce the irritation?