Friday 20 March 2009

Pods in the PS Social Learning Space

The presentation pods in the Social Learning Space should be bookable...


When we opened the Social Learning Space resource (Dec 2007) we did consider making the pods bookable from the beginning. It was felt that to encourage use and to make the Social Learning Space generally as non interventionist as possible we should make it an open resource. Use of the pods has been on a drop in, first come first served basis.
I am more than prepared to review this but need to look at the booking procedures to make it as fluid as possible. If after negotiation with my colleagues in the rest LR, I can source a robust booking product I would be happy to trial designating one of the pods as a bookable resource to see what the take up is and if booking works.
Sorry I cannot give you a more immediate response but I will definitely follow this up.